The policy describes:
- How PayRight will collect, hold and use your personal information
- How this personal information will be used and disclosed to third parties and credit agencies
- How you can access or update personal information with PayRight, and
- If required, how you can make a complaint or enquiry relating to the use of your personal information,
How we collect, hold and use your personal information:
We collect personal information from you in connection with your application with PayRight. This information may include:
- Your full name, residential address, contact phone numbers, date of birth, email or other electronic identification
- Financial information such as credit card and personal banking details, financial position and credit information
- Employment details such as employer name, address, contact number and employment status, and
- Additional information such as Medicare, Pensioner Concession Card, Drivers’ License details or other government identifiers necessary to identify you and support your application.
PayRight collects and holds information for the purposes of:
- Assessing your application
- Managing your accounts with PayRight
- Promoting additional PayRight products and services to you unless you advise us that you not want us to use your personal information for this purpose by contacting PayRight on (PO Box 2628 Cheltenham, email@example.com, 1300 338 496).
If we obtain information from third parties otherwise than with your consent we will take all reasonable steps to:
- Keep you informed that we have collected the information
- Ensure that you understand the purposes for the information collected, and
- Ensure that you understand how the information may be disclosed to third parties.
In addition to the above, we may collect information in accordance with the Anti Money Laundering and Counter Terrorism Financing Act 2006.
Personal information is held in paper (hard copy) or electronic format on our systems. Your personal information is protected by physical, electronic and policy safeguards. Where we share your information with third parties we require that those third parties abide by our policy and security requirements.
All PayRight staff are required to complete procedural training on handling personal information.
Disclosure of your personal information
We may disclose information about you as required to achieve the purpose for which it was collected by our business or as required by law. We may disclose your personal information to:
- Our corporate partners, contractors or developers (such as contact centers or mail houses)
- To our related entities
- To debt collection agencies
- To third parties for the purpose of verifying the information that you have provided (eg to confirm your employment details including salary or wages), or
- To other third parties, where such disclosure is required, authorized or compelled by law.
Some entities with which we share your information may not be located in Australia for example web and design developers located overseas. Additionally, some of our retailers may have headquarters overseas. When asked to provide credit for a product or service from retailers such as this, we may be required to provide personal information to that retailer.
We may exchange personal information about you, including your credit worthiness and credit history to credit providers in order to assess your application or to notify them of any default you may have in relation to your account.
CRBs may use credit information they hold to respond to requests from us or other credit providers to pre screen you for direct marketing. You are entitled to opt out such pre screenings by contacting the CRB.
How you can access or update personal information with PayRight
In order to access your personal information please contact PayRight’s Privacy Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org . We will make every effort to provide you with your personal information unless otherwise required by law.
Requests for personal information can only be made by the individual for whom the information relates to. We will make every effort to identify that you are the correct individual.
Please note that we are entitled to refuse you access to your information under Australian law in circumstances including where:
- Access would be unlawful;
- Denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order; or
- Access would prejudice enforcement activities or the taking of appropriate action in relation to unlawful activity or serious misconduct.
If correction of your personal information is required please contact the PayRight Privacy Offer at email@example.com. We will make every practicable effort to ensure the personal information we hold is accurate and up to date.
How you can make a complaint or enquiry relating to the use of your personal information
We are committed to adhering to the Australian Privacy Principles. Should you have an enquiry or wish to make a complaint about how we have accessed, used or disclosed your personal information, you are welcome to contact our Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will make every practicable effort to respond to your enquiry within 7 days of receiving the enquiry or complaint. Further to this, we will endeavor to provide a successful resolution to all complaints within 30 days of our initial response. Should this not be possible, or unlawful to do so, we will contact you to advise you of the required resolution time.
PayRight Privacy Officer
PayRight Pty Ltd
Mail: PO Box 2628, Cheltenham 3192
Phone: 1300 338 496